Fortune favours the bold!
Any obstacle you put in front of Maurine she will get to the other side of it. She enjoys a challenge and will go the extra mile to ensure that the issue is resolved effectively. She is one of the few people who can juggle all areas of law effectively enabling her to wear multiple hats in the firm.
Her experience includes her time in one of the most reputable banks in Kenya which gives her an added advantage. She has navigated unconventional legal issues and offered an innovative approach to unlocking matters.
- Commercial Litigation
- Perfection of Securities
- Member of The Law Society of Kenya
- An Advocate of the High Court of Kenya (2022)
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) (2019)
- Manages several commercial litigation portfolios for our commercial lenders and has recovered up to Kshs. 15,000,000 through the Courts. Over and above litigation she ensures that these clients use the lessons learned through the trial process to prevent future litigation.
- Advised a South African client with a Kenyan affiliate on a copyright infringement claim for music distribution across Africa, empowering them to pursue legal action.
- Conducting due diligence and preparation of a due diligence report over a company with respect to a credit facility for USD 100 Million being advanced by various credit lenders.
- Provided legal advice and representation to an international client facing a custody and maintenance case at the Children’s Court in Nairobi. She provided the client with a concise legal opinion on the laws in Kenya and is successfully ensuring that their rights are well represented.
- Representing a family at the Kenya Medical Practitioners & Dentists Board that has been aggrieved after the death of their mother where there was negligence by the doctor who did the surgery. She completely immersed herself in the matter and understood the complex medical terms and procedures in order to represent our clients effectively.
- Successfully completed multiple transactions
- Completely grasped the process of registering the properties on the newly introduced Ardhi Sasa platform and registered multiple transactions on the platform successfully.