Data law in Africa helps build confidence in the digital economy and mitigate the risk of data breaches and cyber-attacks.
Choose MMW as your data law expert.
Data protection has become increasingly important in the digital age. With more and more sensitive information being collected, stored, processed and in some instances, sold electronically, it is essential that organisations take steps to protect this information and comply with the relevant laws and regulations.
We have a proven track record of success in advising our clients on data protection issues and providing pragmatic, real-world advice that enables them to accomplish their goals, including setting up systems of control. We take a proactive approach to legal compliance, collaborating with our clients to identify potential risks and together create strategies to mitigate those risks. Our deep understanding of data protection’s legal and regulatory landscape allows us to provide our clients with the highest level of service and attention to detail.
- Advising on compliance with data laws and regulations, including those related to data protection and data privacy
- Assisting with the development and implementation of data governance frameworks, including policies and procedures
- Providing legal support for data-related transactions such as data sharing and data processing agreements
- Representing clients in data disputes
- Advising on the legal and regulatory implications of emerging technologies such as cloud computing and artificial intelligence