Capital markets are a critical aspect of the financial system, providing a platform for companies to raise capital, invest and manage financial risk.
Choose MMW as your legal partner as you navigate the capital markets.
Capital markets refer to the systems and institutions that allow companies and individuals to raise long-term funding through the issuance of securities. They play an important role in the allocation of resources and the growth of economies by connecting investors with companies seeking capital.
Capital markets play a crucial role in the growth and development of economies, and in Kenya, the Capital Markets Authority (CMA) is the regulator responsible for overseeing the industry. Our law firm has extensive experience in advising clients on capital market transactions and ensuring compliance with CMA regulations.
- Advising on the structuring and execution of initial public offerings (IPOs) and secondary market listings private placements and debt issuances.
- Providing regulatory advice and assistance in navigating CMA regulations and requirements
- Representing clients in disputes and regulatory enforcement actions related to capital market transactions
- Advising on corporate governance issues including shareholder activism, proxy contests and mergers and acquisitions.
- Guiding clients on derivatives and structured finance products, including swaps, futures, options, and other complex financial instruments.